Monday-Thursday: 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Friday:10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday-Sunday:10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Calendar of events
Friends of the Library
Be a Volunteer
Special Event Tickets
Friends of the Library:
- ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION
The Little Elm Friends of the Library is a dedicated group of people who are committed to sustaining and improving the Library.
Little Elm Friends of the Library meetings are open to the public at the Little Elm Public Library, 100 W. Eldorado Parkway (214-975-0430). Most meeting are on the third Wednesday of the month, but check the calendar for actual dates and other events.
- Friends of the Library Scholarships opportunities are available for Junior and Senior high school students. Click below for further details and an application that you can print out.
- LOVE YOUR LIBRARY AND BECOME A FRIEND!
- Don't know when your FOL membership expires? Look on the mailing label of the current Newsletter. Your expiration date is in parenthesis behind your name on the label;for example, John Doe (December 2013). Want to become a member? Complete the Membership Form and return it to the library or the Little Elm Friends of the Library address.
- Board Members:
President- Cathy Wood
Vice President- Jen Morick
Treasurer- Joe Deaver
Secretary- Diana Russell
At Large- Erica Rios, Jane Schoknecht and Randy Farmer.
FOL BOARD APPOINTMENTS:
Membership: Kim Majestic
Newsletter Editor: Randy Farmer
Public Relations: Claudia Stooksberry
Scholarships: Tony Luton
FOL meetings and events (See calendar) are open to the public. We would love for you to come to a meeting and let us meet you!
- The Calendar of meetings, elections and other events can be found here.
- Minutes for the October 2016 Friends of the Library Meeting are available here.
- Minutes for the September 2016 Friends of the Library Meeting are available here.
- Minutes for the August 2016 Friends of the Library Meeting are available here.
- Minutes for the July 2016 Friends of the Library Meeting are available here.
- Minutes for the June 2016 Friends of the Library Meeting are available here.
- Friends of the Library elections are upon us! Click here for a Nomination Form. Click here for the Absentee ballot and Procedure.
- TRIVIA 2017 IS HERE! Click Here for the link to the Friends Trivia Website for further information, forms or online reservations.
- TRIVIA 2016 WINNERS-RTI Varsity
Retractable Technologies continues to be a generous corporate partner of Little Elm Friends of the Library Trivia Night over the years. The RTI Varsity team donated their $500 Grand Prize back to the Little Elm Friends. Thanks for supporting your public library!
- Trivia Night is the annual major fundraiser for Little Elm Friends of the Library in Little Elm, Texas. Now in its 18th year, Trivia has been a major tradition for many of Little Elm's residents and businesses. It's a fun and competitive way to interact with friends, family, and coworkers. Over the years, the Friends organization has used proceeds to purchase many resources for the Little Elm Public Library, including reference books, furniture, computers, sculptures, online resource subscriptions, and much more. Recently, we purchased about $35,000 in assets for the expanded library using proceeds from past Trivia Night events!
Each year, the event hosts over 50 teams from the community to compete against each other during an evening of fun, food, and prizes. Concessions (BBQ sandwiches, chips, pizza, popcorn, drinks, and candy) are available at the event, so we ask that you do not bring in outside food. We also have great drawings and a silent auction. Awards will be given out for best team costumes and best team spirit. The grand prize for the trivia competition is $500 cash to the winning team! The winning team gets possesion of the coveted Trivia trophy for the remainder of the year!
Congratulations to this year's recipients of the annual Little Elm Friends of the Library Scholarships!
Lisa Cifuentes has been awarded a $1,000 scholarship. Stephanie Lopez and Jaynae Renter have each been awarded $500 scholarships.
FOL scholarships are merit-based and require the applicants to meet GPA, references and volunteer hours guidelines. Selection of awardees is a joint effort between FOL representatives and Library staff. Thanks to all that applied!
Quick Links: Little Elm Friends of the Library Online Library Catalog Resume Maker Rocket Languages
Site Links: Welcome page Services Adult Services Children/Teen Services Get Connected Contact and FAQs/Policies