Monday-Friday: 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Saturday-Sunday:10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
calendar of events
Friends of the Library
life long learning
Be a Volunteer
Special Event Tickets
Friends of the Library:
- ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION
The Friends of the Little Elm Library are a dedicated group of people who are committed to sustaining and improving the Library.
Meetings are held on the second Thursday of each month at 7:00 PM, at Town Hall, 100 W. Eldorado Parkway.
December 2012 Newsletter
LOVE YOUR LIBRARY AND BECOME A FRIEND!
- Board Members: President- Tammy Woodrum
Vice President- Lynn Hidell
Treasurer- Joe Deaver
Secretary- Open (Cathy Wood- Interim)
At Large- Virginia Berney, Cathy Wood and Jane Schoknecht
- TRIVIA 2013
The Little Elm Friends of the Library hosted their 15th Annual Team Trivia event benefitting the Little Elm Public Library. Beginning a new tradition, this year’s event was held at the Town of Little Elm’s new Recreation Center on Tuesday, February 26th. It has become one of the most successful and popular events in the community, and this year hosted 56 teams of players who competed for the First Place Champions Trophy and the $500 cash prize. This year’s winner was the Town of Little Elm Food Bank table who graciously donated their $500 cash prize back to FOL.
This event has become one of the most successful and popular events in the community and this year gathered fifty six teams of individuals from Little Elm and the surrounding communities who came together to participate in a entertaining competition and along with great food, raffle and silent auction items, and prizes for the “Most Spirited” and “Best Costume team awards provided a fun filled evening.
There is not adequate space to thank everyone individually for their support and participation in this year’s event. Without the continuing sustenance of our many wonderful volunteers, the support of the Town of Little Elm, and the individuals and businesses who continue each year to help FOL generate funds ($12,300 this year), the success of this event would not be possible. Those funds go toward the purchase of new books, shelving units, computers, software to assist library patrons, our literacy and scholarship programs, and other library needs as well as the soon to be completed Library expansion.
A special thank you to the FOL Committee members who began this trek months ago, planning and executing this event with uncountable hours that they donate to our community to make Trivia Night a continuing success.
We look forward to Trivia 2014 and another successful event.For additional information you may contact Cathy Wood, Trivia Coordinator at 469-285-0930 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit the THE TRIVIA PAGE for more information and pictures from last year's event.
- Citizenship Classes: The Citizenship class will help prepare eligible legal permanent residents to take both the oral and written examinations for the United States naturalization process. Classes and materials are free and students will learn about U.S. History, Geography, Civics and much more. The classes will run September 4th -December 18th and will be held at the library. Contact email@example.com or call 469-200-0396 for more information. Individuals wishing to make a donation to or volunteer with the Adult Literacy Program may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Little Elm Friends of the Library scholarship presentation was made Tuesday, June 4th 2013 at the Little Elm Council meeting. The scholarship winner this year is Sheilla Hernandez who plans to study Biology with a minor in Neuroscience at Collin County Community College in the fall. Sheilla volunteered over 70 hours at the Little Elm Public Library and over 100 hours with the Denton ISD.
- Ross Knapp and Aryanna Chappell were also recognized this year as scholarship finalists. Each received a Visa gift card to be used towards college expenses. Ross plans to attend the Fire Academy at Collin County Community College in the fall and Aryanna plans to study Fashion Merchandising.
- For information about applying for next year's Friends scholarship, please contact the Library.