Little Elm Seed Library:
Enjoy the great outdoors, help create a more sustainable world and learn useful new skills! Check out some seeds from our Library and start growing today!
- Our Seed Library is one of our latest new services and is located in the east corner of the library next to the Printing Station. Patrons can browse the seed packets (which include flowers, herbs, fruits and vegetables) or they can consult the index on the table next to the seeds. Up to eight packets of seed can be checked out per library card.
- After making their selection, the seeds are checked out at the circulation desk for a period of six months. This way, patrons can grow the plants, harvest them and return new seeds for other patrons to enjoy. However, in the case of crop failure, returning the seeds is not mandatory.
- Additionally, if you need further information on growing your plants, the library has numerous books on gardening and landscaping. If you have a particular book that you would like to request or a certain plant that you would like seeds for, please let us know.
- Have a hobby that you enjoy?: If you would like to see something similar to the Seed Library, but focused on your particular interest, let us know! More and more, libraries are including Makerspace, crafts and educational opprtunities. With your help, the Little Elm Library can meet the varied needs of our current and future patrons.
Seed Library and Gardening Links: The Little Elm Library is not the only place to have a seed library or resources for gardeners. Check out the links below for other things that may interest you.
- SeedLibraries.org: A social network with news, events and links to seed libraries worldwide.
- Keep Little Elm Beautiful: A nonprofit organization dedicated to maintaining and improving Little Elm.
- Wildflower.org: The Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center at The University of Texas at Austin.
- DCMGA.com: The Denton County Master Gardeners Association.
- TexasDiscoveryGardens.org: A nonprofit, year-round garden, insectarium and butterfly house.
- StonewallGardens.org: A 20,000 foot educational garden located at Stonewall Jackson Elementary. Now celebrating it's 20th year!
If you are a non-profit organization and you would like to link to our website, call us about it at 214-975-0430 or email us about it at: KAnderson@littleelm.org